I have always been a neutral girl, so I really admire people who add lots of colour into their homes. It adds a little bit of whimsy and fun to the space. Check out these spaces from the July issue of Living Etc.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Monday, May 28, 2012
My husband and I are planning another trip around the world in July, this time with a 5 month old baby. I know I am crazy right! We are going to LA, Vegas, Toronto, London, Barcelona, Dubai, Singapore and then home. I get exhausted just thinking about it. It will be tricky but I am sure we will still have fun. This time I have to be really prepared before we leave so I have already been thinking about all the things we will have to take with us for bubs. For me however, I really want some comfy shoes because we will definitely be doing lots of walking. I decided on getting a pair of Toms. I have never had a pair but they look super comfy and practical for a holiday. I was also pleased to find out that they ship to Australia!
Once I started browsing their website I found out that they also do ballet flats too, I couldn't resist and I bought this pair as well.
What are your go to shoes for walking? Other than your runners of course.
Posted by Yahnay at 10:38 AM
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Now that I have to put away my handbags and traded them for a diaper bag I wanted to find something that still looks stylish. I hate baby bags that look like baby bags, you know the ones with bright colours and pictures all over them! So I tried to find some bags that could almost pass as a handbag. Here are a list of some of the best diaper bags I have found so far.
1. Helena - Stone is new to Storksak but their baby bags have been much loved by celebrities like Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba for a long time. The Helena is stylish yet practical and hardly looks anything like a diaper bag.
2. Ill Tutto is also a hugely popular baby bag brand. Their bags are really well made and are a good size. My sister has this Chiara bag for her two daughters and she has been using it for about 4 years now. So they really last well.
3. I actually purchased a similar baby bag for Ava but they dont stock it anymore, so this large O baby tote is the alternative that is currently still available. Oroton bags are extremely well made and are also very practical. I have been loving mine!
4. I have had my eye on this Marc by Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon Elizababy
bag for a while now. I like that it is light weight and easy to use. If you are lugging a bag full of baby clothes and nappies it is good to have something that is not to heavy. My husband and I are travelling around the world in July and I am thinking of getting this bag to take with us.
5. Last but not least is the Nylon stripe Harmony baby bag from Kate Spade. I always love a classic tote so this would be a perfect pick for long term use. The tote never goes out of style. This bag is also very practical and has little clips for attaching it to the pram which is very clever alternative to the long straps that are on most baby bags.
Posted by Yahnay at 11:46 AM