Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Homemade

 

So I am a bit of a Jamie Oliver when it comes to cooking. I don't mean that in a boasting way! I am not as good as Jamie, what I mean is I tend to throw things together and make it up as I go. The other day I had a stir-fry mix of vegies in the fridge and decided use them to make homemade Okonomiyaki.



As I said I tend to throw things together with what I have. These 3 ingredients where the condiments to my made up version of Japanese pancakes. ABC sweet soy sauce, Japanese mayonnaise and hot fried onion and shrimp mix.  I don't actually know the correct name for it. The picture is below. My husband and I tend to grab random ingredients when ever we go to the Asian grocer. I think normally you would use dried seaweed and spring onions.

Images Via Coco Pearl

For those of you who actually like to follow a recipe I have included this one from this great blog.

Okonomiyaki

(makes 1 4 serving pancake)

Ingredients:
1 cup flour (I used whole wheat flour)
3/4 cup dashi (or water)
1 egg
1/4 of a cabbage, about 2-3 cups packed (shredded)
1 carrot, about 1/2 cup (grated)
1 small zucchini, about 1 cup (grated)
1 green onion (chopped)
3 slices bacon
okonomiyaki sauce (or Worcestershire sauce)
mayonnaise
green onion (chopped)

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, dashi, egg, cabbage, carrot, zucchini and green onion in a large bowl.
2. Heat some oil in pan.
3. Pour in mixture and top with the bacon slices.
4. Cook on medium heat until golden brown on both sides, about 5-15 minutes per side.
5. Top with okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise and green onion and slice.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I Love Jamie Oliver... he is brilliant. I just Love that he goes natural. I'm still working on the cooking skills myself.. I'm kind of a mess, but I have the whole organic thing down so at least that's something!


    Hope you are doing brilliant, Love.
    B.
    That Girl in Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment, You have made my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails